Sunday, November 22, 2009

Are You Burning Up Your Motor??

I sure tried to do that last week when I was cleaning up my office. I had half a dozen things I was trying to do at the same time with all of those stacks – copying, filing, shredding, sending emails, paying bills and creating more stacks. I thought I was doing great and I was in major accomplishment mode. And then, my daughter walks into the room and exclaims, “Mom, don’t you smell the smoke?!”

I was so involved with everything that I wasn’t listening, much less smelling, what was going on. I had just kept on filling the shredder, not listening to the motor slowing down or smelling the smoke. I hadn’t realized that it was full and the paper was going backwards, jamming up the blades. It took us over an hour to pull the shredded paper out of the blades. Luckily, I hadn’t burned up the motor, though it appeared as if I had tried really hard to do so!

What is the message in the experience? Slow down, be aware and listen to what is going on around you so YOU don’t try to burn up your own motor! The same message can be used when we consider our bodies. If you are totally aware of how your body feels and listening to the messages it is giving you, you can walk around in a body that is healthier, stronger and more vital.

So, before smoke comes out of YOUR ears and before you burn up YOUR motor, spend time each day balancing your energy and you will be able to let go of effort, struggle, and stress and make life easier by having more vitality and enthusiasm in your day. Suggestion – do the “Daily Clean Your House Flow”. Go to http://healthatyourfingertips.com/pop_pos.htm to find out how!

In addition, before and during an activity that requires focus and clarity, consider doing this….
With one hand cup the forehead and
With the other hand cup the back of the head at the base of the skull.

After my experience with the shredder, I spent more than a few minutes doing this simple energy movement before continuing with my office clean-up project. I got even more done AND didn’t create any more smoke!

Is there something that you’re not listening to? Balancing your energy with a daily practice will help you hear the message before it becomes a big project. And, you just might save your motor!

*******************************************

WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR EZINE OR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it:

Health IS at YOUR Fingertips and Deborah Myers shows people how easily and effortlessly they can let go of stress, increase vitality and productivity, relieve pain, promote healing, achieve balance, and attract prosperity. Discover how you can put a wellness kit in your own hands. Check out Deborah’s workshops, manuals and DVDs at http://www.healthatyourfingertips.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment